Monday, December 28, 2015

December Progress Report


My weight has been fluctuating for the past few months  -- with a net loss of 6.8 during the month of October, a net GAIN of 1.4 pounds in November, and a net loss (so far) of 2.8 for the month of December. Things were similar in August and September.

While this plateau has been annoying I seem to be on a downward trend once again.  If I have another loss this week, even a small one, I'll take it as a sign that the scale is on a downward trend once again  -- although I am not losing as quickly as I did in the beginning.  (Which is to be expected)

December has been a challenging month with unexpected visitors for the holidays, an injury to my foot that kept me from exercising for a week, money issues and all the typical holiday demands and distractions.  

It's difficult to cook sweets and other yummies for guests and not eat any yourself.  I'm proud that I've managed to average a one pound  week loss during a time of year when many people gain weight.

I got a Magic Bullet for Christmas and I've been enjoying making fruit and veggie smoothies with it.  It's a good way to get your raw produce in  -- especially if you normally eat a lot of salads, as I do, and need a break from it.    . 

The one year anniversary of my fitness and weight loss journey will be February 9th.  Unless I miraculously start dropping mega pounds as I did in the beginning I WILL NOT make the goal that I had envisioned for myself when I first started.  I'm not giving up!  I'm going to reach my goal, but it looks like it will take longer than I originally anticipated.  

Still, I am stepping things up to get as far along as I can by my one year anniversary.

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment