Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Health Update

 


Well, the changes to my diet have dramatically improved my health. The fissure has just about healed and the problems that created it have cleared up with all of the fruits and veggies I am eating. 

Beyond that, I feel absolutely amazing --- as in haven’t-felt-this-good-in-twenty-years kind of amazing.  I mean, I get up in the morning feeling great and maintain high energy throughout the day.  I remain on point with my food without a problem and I’ve been managing to get good sleep.  I’m a lifelong insomniac but I’ve been in a good sleep mode for about 2 weeks now and it’s amazing.    I’m hoping that continues.

I haven’t been weighed in three weeks but I am doing it this week to see if there’s progress in that realm as well. At this point even a small loss would be so encouraging.

One thing I learned over the Thanksgiving holiday is that I definitely cannot eat gluten or dairy. After being fairly pristine in my diet for nine months I ate wheat and dairy products for a week and I got so sick I can’t even describe it. 

Many of my old problems came roaring back – the mucus issue with my nose and eyes running constantly, joint pain, bloating, headaches, skin rashes, and just overall not feeling well.  I do NOT test positive for celiac disease and yet I am certain that I am gluten sensitive and cannot eat it.  I’m back on track with a tweaked diet that eliminated a painful condition and I am so happy.

Within the realm of exercise I have returned to daily jogs and I have resumed my yoga class.  I’m amazed at our body’s ability to heal itself given the right resources and a bit of time.

I’ll post about my weigh-in at the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment