Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Long and Winding Road

While at the check-out with my latest resupply of produce, the cashier remarked how many people are "on a diet" for their new year's resolution and therefore are buying more produce.

One thing that really sucks about starting a fitness journey from a high weight is that after nearly a year of being mindful of everything I eat and drink, exercising religiously and doing everything in my power to remain positive and focused ---- well, I'm still not there yet.

Almost a year of effort and I still look like someone who needs to lose weight.  Mere words cannot express how much that sucks ass.

Hey, don't jump all over me, pointing out what I've already accomplished.  I know that I've come a long way. But I've worked hard and there are days, like today, when I long to be finished with the weight loss part of this journey and move on to meeting strength and fitness goals and having fun at my goal weight.

I realized going into this that losing such a large amount of  weight would truly be a process, not an event, and a long process at that.  Still, I have my days, like today, where I long for a greater reward for my efforts.

I'm just venting here.  I'm not at all thinking of giving up.  In fact, that cashier's remark made me work a little harder today.

Here's a shout out to anyone struggling on their own LONG journey!     I hope that you will persevere.   See you on the other side of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment